Why Science Discovery Camp?
In today’s society, science and technology are rapidly becoming more and more a way and a fact of life.
Science is our future. Students need to gain an appreciation and a love for science.
One of our goals is to get campers excited about doing and experiencing science in a hands-on environment.
Campers will use the discovery approach to learning and find out how enjoyable science really can be.
Everything you need to know
- Cost: The Science Discovery Camp tuition is $125.00 per camper for each program prior to April 1 when it increases to $135. Cost includes all lab materials and fees. Each camper will receive only 1 SDC T-shirt per year.
- Supplies: Campers that attend all day should bring a sack lunch AND THEY MUST BRING THEIR OWN DRINK. Paper, pencils, and folders will be provided to each camper. Certificates for participation will be presented to each camper.
- Limits: Campers in each program will be grouped with other students of similar grade level. Enrollment will be limited to 14 students per program except as noted. Campers will work in lab groups of two or three.
- Who?: Camps will be for GIRLS and BOYS who are going into grades 1 – 9.
Campers may choose to attend one half day program for one week or as many as four different programs and attend all day for both weeks. Each program consists of five–three hour lab sessions.
Science Discovery Camp is…
- A wide variety of exciting programs from which to choose.
- A fun-filled week of “hands-on” science.
- Performing interesting and exciting experiments and learning through demonstrations.
- Experiencing science for the first time in Mini-Mad Scientists and Wee World of Science.
- A day camp from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM and/or 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM Monday through Friday.